Greystones Beach House Self Catering Accommodation In Langebaan
Welcome to Greystones Beach House
Situated on the beach front, with stunning views of the lagoon, this historic mansion is unique on the West Coast. Built in the 1920s as one of the first homes in Langebaan, Greystones Beach House has been in the family for five generations and combines old world elegance with all the conveniences of today. The house retains many of its original features including Oregon pine floors, high ceilings and thick granite walls that provide both character and relief from the summer heat. The colonial-style veranda includes a furnished sunroom that boasts glorious sunset views and embraces the essence of living the good life.
For the energetic, Langebaan lagoon is a haven for water sports such as wind and kite surfing, kayaking, water skiing and fishing. The area is also renowned for its seasonal flowers, bird life, historic interest and scenic beauty.
However, a stay at Greystones Beach House is an experience in itself, providing every opportunity to unwind, relax and rejuvenate the soul. Just a 300 metre stroll along the beach to restaurants and shops, the house provides both luxury accommodation and privacy in spacious grounds.
The ground floor of this much loved family holiday home can accommodate eight people in four spacious and attractively furnished bedrooms.
- accommodation is provided for 8 people in 4 bedrooms
- 2 sea facing bedrooms have queen size beds in each room
- the 3rd bedroom has a double bed
- the 4th bedroom has 2 single beds, which can be joined to make a king size bed
- a camp cot with bedding for a baby or toddler
- 2 full bathrooms (one with a bath/shower, the other has a shower only)
- white cotton percale linen is used on all the beds
- hand and bath towels as well as hairdryers are provided in all the bedrooms
- beach towels are available, on request from the housekeeper
- No smoking is permitted indoors
- No pets allowed
- an open-plan, fully equipped kitchen with a microwave, fridge/freezer, coffee machine and
- cutlery, crockery, glassware, cooking and barbeque utensils
- the kitchen also features the original family dining table
- a spacious, comfortably furnished lounge with a fireplace
- fans in all the bedrooms and living areas
- DSTV Satellite
- an entertainment centre for CDs, DVDS and MP3s
- a lock-up safe
- a built-in braai/barbeque facility in the sun room stocked with fire wood
- a Weber Grill and a large lawn umbrella
- separate laundry facilities available on the property
- a lock-up garage for 2 cars
- plenty of additional secure parking for vehicles or boats in the grounds of the 1,500 sq metre property
- a private security company monitors the property
- our resident housekeeper services the house on a daily basis and this is included in the daily rate
The upstairs apartment of the house is not part of the accommodation
package and is never let out or occupied while guests are staying downstairs.
Bookings are subject to a minimum stay of 2 nights .